Where food, ecology, and culture converge.
[UN]cultivated is an international nonprofit organization that works with communities to help them build regenerative food systems through the integration of traditional knowledge, scientific research, and technology.
Our mission is to preserve indigenous knowledge while cultivating food systems in harmony with nature.
Did you know?
The latest available estimates indicate that about 795 million people in the world - just over one in nine - were undernourished between 2014 and 2016.
It is estimated that 29% of all greenhouse gases emitted globally are due to the industrial food system, the largest among all sectors of human activity.
Estimates show that food production will have to increase by 70% to combat hunger for the global population in 2050.
Indigenous knowledge offers innovative solutions to address climate change. These traditional practices have the potential to enhance carbon sinks and provide benefits back to the communities; they provide tools for the sustainable management of nature.
How to help:
- Sign in on our website using your social media account or email so you can access all our content and resources and stay current with our campaigns and initiatives.
- Add your name to our volunteer database or give a gift to support our mission.
- Spread the word and let others know about us!
Scott Allen posted about Support Local Foodsheds on Facebook 2016-04-09 15:37:44 -1000Sign the pledge to support local foodsheds!
Because I value all those in my community who grow, harvest, and process food and want to do my part to make my community's food system more resilient...45 signatures
"I pledge to incorporate locally sourced food into my diet and encourage others in my community to do the same."
Scott Allen donated 2015-12-18 14:12:16 -1000
[UN]cultivated is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization so all donations are tax exempt. Your donations are used to maintain our systems, develop educational applications and resources, and pay stipends to staff and interns. We appreciate your support!Donate
[UN]cultivated, Inc. is a U.S. based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered with the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA). We were founded in 2015 to preserve indigenous knowledge and cultivate food systems in harmony with nature. Our office is located in Honolulu, HI.
Preserving indigenous knowledge while cultivating food systems in harmony with nature.
- increase food security;
- diversify local food systems;
- preserve indigenous agroforestry practices;
- promote sustainable management of the environment;
- teach communities to harness technology for sustainable food systems planning;
- alleviate poverty;
- support the United Nations Sustainable Development Agenda (more info); and
- support the Aichi Biodiversity Targets (more info)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Scott Allen, GISP
Vice President: Scott McCoy
Secretary: Leia Pantle
Treasurer: Andrew Bravo
Scott Allen wants to volunteer 2015-12-18 19:42:34 -1000